Science Data OrganizationsEdit
Community-based groups to share and exchange information related to science data (or related topics).
Commercial and non-profit groups that are formed around specific products are filed under projects.
Some of the organizations may be focused on a specific tasks or projects, while others are simply information sharing groups and may be formal or informal.
- AGU Earth and Space Science Informatics http://www.agu.org/focus_group/essi/
- ASIS&T Science and Technical Information SIG http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGSTI/sti.html
- The Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) http://www.cni.org/
- The Committe on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA) http://www.codata.org/
- Earth Science Data Systems Working Group http://www.esdswg.com/
(yes, this is woefully incomplete ... so add to it!)